The Health Connector’s Operations Team is seeking an intern to join the team for fall 2018 and spring 2019. This individual will participate in ongoing outreach activities with particular focus on the Health Connector for Business.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Support the Health Connector for Business team with ongoing activities
- Research outreach opportunities and partnerships across the Commonwealth
- Outreach potential partners such as Chambers and state agencies that support small businesses to set-up events and collaborations
- Conduct surveys of small businesses and brokers that shop through the Health Connector
- Attend events to promote Health Connector for Business
Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong MS Office Suite skills, including but not limited to Excel and PowerPoint
- Interest in healthcare reform and healthcare operations
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
- Strong research skills
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to take initiative and work independently on projects
Education: Graduate student in public health preferred
Salary: This is a paid internship.
Length of Internship: September 2018 – May 2019 (minimum of 20 hours a week, 40 hours preferred)
About the Health Connector:
The Health Connector is an independent state authority that has been designated as the official Massachusetts health benefits Exchange under the federal Affordable Care Act. In addition to overseeing the implementation of both state and federal health reform, the Connector is committed to enhancing the experience, services and health insurance products for individuals and small businesses shopping through the Exchange. The Connector is also responsible for overseeing policy and regulations geared toward furthering the goals of health reform. More information about the Connector and its programs is available at www.MAhealthconnector.org.
Interested: Send cover letter and resume to Connectorfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Due to the requirement of General Law’s chapter 268A, please complete the Applicant Disclosure Form and return with your application.
The Health Connector is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity as a vital characteristic of its workforce. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, gender identity, national origin, or disability.