Position Summary: Reporting to the Enrollment Manager of the Commonwealth Health Insurance Connector Authority (Health Connector), the Operations Coordinator will support enrollment functions by participating in day-to-day team activities, meetings and relevant projects, participate in projects and collaborating with SMEs and project participants. The Operations Coordinator will work with Health Connector staff, vendors and stakeholders to support daily operations, program maintenance activities and project implementations. It is expected that Operations Coordinator will develop subject matter expertise in Health Connector policies and procedures to support daily activities in the most efficient manner.
Length of assignment: 12 – 18 months
Key Responsibilities include:
- Participate in day to day operational activities
- Attend ongoing operations and status meetings, participate in working sessions
- Participate in Open Enrollment and 1095A project activities
- Participate in business validations testing to support Open Enrollment and 1095A project activities, including coordination with team members and stakeholders participating in testing.
- Monitor project schedules for ongoing operational projects such as Open Enrollment and 1095A, risk registers and other project related documents
- Create and distribute meeting materials
- Document meeting minutes, follow-up actions and decisions from meetings
- Work collaboratively with the Health Connector internal teams (business, policy, legal and IT) and vendors to coordinate enrollment activities and project activities
- Interact with key stakeholders including advocates, other state agencies, health plans and vendors to exchange information and/or address specific issues related to enrollment activities and operations projects
- Perform case research and data analyses, aggregate information from multiple sources
- Provide program support in areas such as member/stakeholder communications, business process design, business operations, policies & procedures and documentation
- Prepare reports, tables, and charts to present to Health Connector staff and leadership
- Monitor relevant reports to track process performance and quality
- Provide support to key vendors with regard to reviewing documentation, assist in workflow development and assist with escalated member issues related to enrollment activities and operations projects
- A Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of one -year business operations or customer service experience required, preferably in a health insurance or healthcare environment
- Project coordination or management experience preferred
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio. MS Project preferred.
- Ability to represent the Connector in a professional manner to external parties
- Commitment to the goals of the Connector and Health Care Reform; ability to support a wide range of constituents in a constructive and informed manner
- Commitment to understanding the policies and procedures of related programs and state agencies.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
Work Setting: This position requires the employee to work on-site in an open office setting
Salary: Salary range is competitive; salary will be commensurate with experience.
If interested: Send cover letter and résumé to Connectorfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Due to the requirement of 268A, please complete the Applicant Disclosure Form and return with your application.
About the Health Connector:
The Commonwealth Health Insurance Connector Authority (Health Connector) is an independent public authority serving as the Affordable Care Act (ACA)-compliant marketplace for the Commonwealth. The organization is charged with providing subsidized and unsubsidized health insurance to individuals and small employers. The Health Connector also oversees policy development related to health care reform under both state and federal laws, as well as conducting public education and outreach about health care reform and coverage opportunities
The Health Connector is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity as a vital characteristic of its work force. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, gender identity, national origin or disability.