Position Summary: The Member Outreach and Assistance Associate will be the primary point of contact for public health insurance needs for personal care attendant union members and be responsible for helping guide access to and enrollment in health coverage for personal care attendants (PCAs) in Massachusetts. This associate will work under the supervision of the Senior Outreach Coordinator and Policy Analyst and work closely with the rest of the Health Connector’s Communications and Outreach team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assist PCA members directly with all aspects related to eligibility for and enrollment into public health insurance plans, including Health Connector and MassHealth coverage
- Serve as an expert in eligibility and enrollment policies related to public health insurance benefits, including Health Connector and MassHealth eligibility and enrollment policies
- Answer PCA member phone calls, electronic inquiries, and other referrals related to public health insurance access
- Triage PCA member issues and work closely with Health Connector, MassHealth, and Navigator staff to escalate and resolve issues related to PCA member coverage
- Assist in developing outreach material for PCA members related to public health insurance programs and how to access assistance with coverage
- Collaborate with PCA union representatives on the development and execution of outreach and educational events
- Schedule and attend PCA union events to promote and provide member assistance with health insurance coverage
- Work with other community organizations, state agencies and other entities to promote education and understanding of the Health Connector’s mission and participate in the planning and delivery of these presentations, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree and health insurance and/or health care experience preferred
- Strong project management skills and flexibility to manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Ability to work one-on-one with members and present to small groups and large external audiences
- Experience in providing one-on-one assistance and conflict resolution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a fast-paced, evolving organization
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) ability strongly preferred
- Some statewide travel may be required
Work Setting: This position requires the employee to work on-site in an open office setting.
Salary: Salary range is competitive; salary will be commensurate with experience.
If interested: Send cover letter and résumé to Connectorfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Due to the requirement of 268A, please complete the Applicant Disclosure Form and return with your application.
About the Health Connector:
The Commonwealth Health Insurance Connector Authority (Health Connector) is an independent public authority serving as the Affordable Care Act (ACA)-compliant marketplace for the Commonwealth. The organization is charged with providing subsidized and unsubsidized health insurance to individuals and small employers. The Health Connector also oversees policy development related to health care reform under both state and federal laws, as well as conducting public education and outreach about health care reform and coverage opportunities
The Health Connector is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity as a vital characteristic of its work force. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, gender identity, national origin or disability.