The IT Support Specialist will be responsible for providing desktop, network, voice and application support to Connector staff, as well as testing any new software builds and/or new technology that the Connector is using. Areas covered include desktop, network and telephony support, back office operations, readiness for annual open enrollment and ongoing operational/IT processes. This position is a part-time temporary position for a minimum of 16 hours per week.
- Provide tier 1 desktop support for Connector staff including (but not limited to)
- MS Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Windows OS management
- Archiving Email
- Connectivity Issues
- Hardware/software troubleshooting
- Phone/switch Issues
- Assist in the management of IT hardware and software assets
- Assist in testing software builds
- Assist in triaging Health Insurance Exchange application incidents, as needed
- Serve as primary Security Administrator for Security Systems Access requests
- Ensure that all Connector software is up to date (patches, anti-virus, etc.)
- College coursework and some experience in an IT support role.
- Advanced MS Office skills with the ability to work on complex projects and meet deliverables with tight timeframes are required.
- A strong work ethic and the ability to self-motivate and proactively learn about new technologies.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as outstanding interpersonal skills are essential for communicating to vendors.
- The ability to work independently within a very fast-paced organization.
- Web development, database management, experience with OSX or Linux preferred.
- Networking knowledge preferred.
Work Setting: This position requires the employee to work on-site.
If interested: Send résumé to Connectorfirstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Due to the requirement of 268A, please complete the disclosure form and return with your application.
About the Health Connector: The Commonwealth Health Insurance Connector Authority (Health Connector) is an independent public authority serving as the Affordable Care Act (ACA)-compliant marketplace for the Commonwealth. The organization is charged with providing subsidized and unsubsidized health insurance to individuals and small employers. The Health Connector also oversees policy development related to health care reform under both state and federal laws, as well as conducting public education and outreach about health care reform and coverage opportunities. More information about the Connector and its programs is available at www.MAhealthconnector.org.
The Health Connector is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity as a vital characteristic of its work force. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, gender identity, national origin or disability.