Insurers in Massachusetts, including those that offer health plans through the Health Connector, are now required to cover the cost of testing and treatment for members who may be affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19).
The Massachusetts Division of Insurance (DOI) has asked health insurance companies to take several steps to help protect people in Massachusetts against coronavirus, including the following:
- Set up telephone helplines to answer questions about coronavirus
- Make telehealth services more available and at a lower cost to members. This is so members can be seen and treated by a doctor without having to go into an office whenever possible
- Remove coronavirus testing and treatment costs (like co-pays) when medically needed
- Contact your health insurance company if you have specific questions about your benefits
- Learn more about the coronavirus from the Centers from Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Learn more about the DOI guidelines for health insurers in Massachusetts