You now have a new way to send your documents (proof)
When you apply for coverage, renew, or update your information, you may be asked to send proof of some information that could not be electronically verified. Your proof can be sent to the Health Connector and MassHealth by
- In-person, and
- NEW Uploaded online through your account.
Important: If you are sending proof, DO NOT send a document multiple ways. For example, don’t fax and upload the same document for proof.
How to upload your documents
If you need to send proof, here’s how you can upload your document(s):
Once you are signed into your account, go to the new My Documents section of your account.
Click on the Upload Documents button to start uploading your files.
Make sure you have your proof saved where you can easily find and upload your document. On the Upload Documents page, under File 1, click the Browse button to find the file you want to upload from from computer, tablet, or smartphone based on the type of information we’ve asked you for. Select that file and click Open to start the upload.
- You can only upload certain file types:
- Bitmap Image File (.bmp)
- Graphical Interchange Format File (.gif)
- JPEG Image (.jpeg)
- JPEG Image (.jpg)
- Portable Document Format File (.pdf)
- Portable Network Graphic (.png)
- Files can’t be larger than 5MB.
Under Document Description, select the type of document you uploaded from the list of types of proof by clicking the checkbox.
The list of document descriptions includes
- Job Update Form
- Non-Custodial Parent Form (NCP-1)
- Proof of Residency
- Request for Identity Proof (RIDP) Verification
- Proof of Incarceration Status
- Move to Massachusetts
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship Status
- Moving to new service area in Massachusetts
- Proof of Immigration Status
- Proof of Loss of Insurance
- Proof of American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) Status
- Proof of Marriage
- Proof of Social Security Number (SSN)
- Proof of New Legal Dependent
- Permission to Share Information (PSI) Form
- Proof of Divorce
- Authorized Representative Designation (ARD) Form
- Proof of Death
- Certified App Counselor (CAC) Form
- Transitional Medical Assistance (TMA) Change Form
- Navigator Designation Form (NDF)
- Proof of Income
Tip: If you have a document that servers as proof of more than one type, you can choose all that apply. For example, if you are required to send Proof of Residency as well as proof of Moving to Massachusetts, you may use a copy of your lease agreement and proof of payment for both and can select both of those options under Document Description.
Important: DO NOT combine more than one type of proof in one document. For example, if you are sending Proof of Residency and Proof of Income for a household member, upload the documents separately. Do not combine them into one file.
If you have more than one document to upload, click the Add File button to add more. When you are finished, click the Upload Documents button.
Once you have uploaded your documents, you will see a success message for each file. If you get an error message, make sure that you are using a correct file type that is not more than 5MB and try again.
Note: You can only upload up to five files at one time. If you have more than five files, simply repeat the steps above to upload more.
Now when you click on My Documents, you will see each document you uploaded and the status.
You can view or download your uploaded documents at any time when you click on or use your mouse to hover over the three dots in line with each document..
On this page you can click to see what proof is needed and its due date for each household member by clicking the Documents Required link.
Last Update: August 1, 2019