You can update your application information online at anytime by logging into your account and reporting a change. Follow the steps below to update your 2020 income.
Important: Reporting a change to your income may change the how much help paying for costs you receive if you applied for subsidies.
- If you receive an Advance Premium Tax Credit (APTC) and you report an income increase, you may see a decrease in your Advance Premium Tax Credits if you currently receive them.
- If you report a decrease in income, you may see an increase in Advance Premium Tax Credit.
- If you are now enrolled in a Health Connector plan with no APTC and your income is lower— below 400% the Federal Poverty Level (FPL)—and you applied for coverage and help to pay costs, then you may become eligible for tax credits.
- If you report an income that is at or below 300% FPL, you may be eligible for ConnectorCare plans.
- If you are enrolled in ConnectorCare and report an increase or decrease in income that is still at or below 300% FPL, then your Plan Type may change. Learn more about Plan Types →
- If you report an income that is at or below 133% FPL, you may qualify for MassHealth coverage.
Steps to update your income
Step 1: Sign into your account and visit the “My Eligibility” page. You will see your “Year 2020” application listed.
Step 2: On the “My Eligibility” page, click “Edit Application” under the Actions column. If you don’t see this link, skip to Step 3.
Step 3: On the next page, you will need to click the “Report a Change” link under the Actions column.
Step 4: On the next page, you will be able to choose to update your income information by clicking the “Yes” button next to Update Income. Then, click the “Report Changes” button to make your updates, following the instructions on screen.