How to update your income information

How to update your income information

You can update your application information online at anytime by logging into your account and reporting a change. Follow the steps below to update your 2018 income, 2019 income, or both.

Important: Reporting a change to your income may change the how much help paying for costs you receive if you applied for subsidies.

  • If you receive an Advance Premium Tax Credit (APTC) and you report an income increase, you may see a decrease in your Advance Premium Tax Credits if you currently receive them.
  • If you report a decrease in income, you may see an increase in Advance Premium Tax Credit.
  • If you are now enrolled in a Health Connector plan with no APTC and your income is lower— below 400% the Federal Poverty Level (FPL)—and you applied for coverage and help to pay costs, then you may become eligible for tax credits.
  • If you report an income that is at or below 300% FPL, you may be eligible for ConnectorCare plans.
  • If you are enrolled in ConnectorCare and report an increase or decrease in income that is still at or below 300% FPL, then your Plan Type may change. Learn more about Plan Types →
  • If you report an income that is at or below 133% FPL, you may qualify for MassHealth coverage.

View FPL Chart →

Steps to update your income

Step 1: Sign into your account and visit the “My Eligibility” page. You will see “Year 2019” and “Year 2018” applications listed.

Screenshot of an example My Eligibility page that shows Year 2019 and Year 2018 application links


Step 2: On the “My Eligibility” page, click “Edit Application” under the Actions column. If you don’t see this link, skip to Step 3.

Screenshot of the Edit Application Link


Step 3: On the next page, you will need to click the “Report a Change” link under the Actions column.

Screenshot of the Report a Change Link in the application


Step 4: On the next page, you will be able to choose to update your income information by clicking the “Yes” button next to Update Income. Then, click the “Report Changes” button to make your updates, following the instructions on screen.

Screenshot of the change your information page in the application


Note: If you report a change to your 2018 application, you will be asked if the change will continue into 2019.

For example, if you are reporting a move to a new address that you will be living at into until at least January 2019, you will be able to choose to have this information automatically updated for next year as well.


I see both a Year 2019 and a Year 2018 application. Which application should I make changes to?

  • If you have any changes that happened in 2018, make those to your Year 2018 application.
    For example:
     You moved on August 5, 2018 and now have a new home address. You should make this change to your Year 2018 application.
  • If you have changes that happened in 2018 and will continue in 2019, make those changes on your 2018 application and then choose YES when you are asked if you want to apply those 2018 changes to your 2019 application.
    For example: If you expect to still live at your new addresses you moved to on August 5, 2018 into 2019, click “Yes” to update this information in both Year 2019 and Year 2018 applications.
  • If you have changes that will happen in 2019, make those to your Year 2019 application.
    For example:
     If you are planning to move to a new address on January 1, 2019, you should make this change to your Year 2019 application, only.

Last Update: October 4, 2018  

October 13, 2016    Updating Your Information  
Thursday, October 13th, 2016|