Read our guide to find the information you need to know before you start your application, plus answers to frequently asked questions that will help you all the way through enrollment.
Visit our download center to find information and resources to learn more about subsidies, how to shop for plans, renewal information, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions and Information
- Do I have to buy through the Health Connector if I want to get help paying for insurance?
- When is Open Enrollment and when do Health Connector plans start?
- Where do I find out if I qualify for help to pay for my health insurance?
- How can an Enrollment Assister help me?
- Do I have to buy health insurance?
- How will the Shared Responsibility for Employers policy in the ACA mesh with the Fair Share Contribution policy in Massachusetts’ health reform law?
- What does national health reform mean for employers?
- How do I find out if my small business could be eligible for the small business tax credits created by national health reform?
- Who can shop as a business, and who needs to shop as an individual or family through the Health Connector?
- How does national health reform help Massachusetts small business owners?
Enrollment Assisters can help you understand new coverage options available as a result of national health care reform and find the most affordable coverage that meets your needs.
These trained and certified individuals can help you from application through enrollment into new health insurance plans and answer your questions about your eligibility, application, payments, plan details, and health care reform rules and requirements.