What is ConnectWell?
ConnectWell gives you a chance to save money while your employees improve their health and wellness. And your employees can benefit, too!
As an employer, you can save up to 15% on the amount that you contribute toward your employees’ health insurance premiums if one-third (33%) of your employees successfully complete one of the program’s qualifying wellness activities.
Employees enrolled in your group’s health plan will have the chance to earn a $100 reward when they complete a qualifying wellness activity.
Here’s how it works:
- If you qualify for ConnectWell, your group will be automatically enrolled in the program the same month that your Health Connector for Business plan starts.
- We’ll send you an email to let you know that your group has been enrolled in ConnectWell. We’ll also send emails to your enrolled employees, letting them know how to participate.
- We’ll send you emails over the course of your plan year, letting you know how your group is doing toward meeting the requirement to qualify for a rebate.
- When one-third (33%) of your employees have successfully completed an approved wellness activity,
- At the end of your plan year, we’ll send you a completed rebate form to review and sign. This allows you to receive your premium contribution rebate. Once we process your form, we’ll mail you a check with your premium rebate.
The fine print:
- Each $100 reward card awarded to your employees will be deducted from your rebate amount at the end of the year.
- If some of your employees complete qualifying activities but your group does not meet the 33% participation requirement, you will not be responsible for funding those gift cards.
- If you are eligible for another year of the program we’ll let you know at the start of the new plan year. Groups are eligible to receive a wellness rebate up to 3 times.
What do I need to do to participate?
As an eligible employer, you’re automatically enrolled. All you need to do is encourage your employees to participate in qualifying activities.
Once 33% of your employees have completed a wellness activity, you’ll need to fill out the paperwork that we provide to you in order to receive your rebate. That’s it!
How do I know if I’m eligible?
We’ll contact you through the email address you provided when you enrolled in your Health Connector for Business plan, letting you know if your group qualifies. In general,
Once you’ve received 3 rebates from ConnectWell, your group will no longer be eligible. The 3 years of participation do not need to be consecutive. Also, any years in which you participated in the former Wellness Track program offered through the Health Connector will count toward these 3 years of participation. Learn more about our ConnectWell and Health Connector for Business policies.
I’m the employer, and I’m also enrolled in the plan. Can I participate?
Yes! If you are the business owner but are also enrolled in your group’s health plan, you are eligible to participate along with your employees. This means you may be able to earn a $100 reward in addition to the 15% rebate on your premium contributions.
Which types of activities qualify?
We have over 25 different activities in the categories of Mind, Body, and Money. See the full list of qualifying activities.
If you have questions about ConnectWell, please contact your broker or call Customer Service at 1-888-813-9220 (TTY: 711).