About the Massachusetts Health Connector
The Commonwealth Health Insurance Connector Authority (Health Connector) is an independent public authority serving as the Affordable Care Act (ACA)-compliant marketplace for the Commonwealth. The organization is charged with providing subsidized and unsubsidized health insurance to individuals and small employers. The Health Connector also oversees policy development related to health care reform under both state and federal laws, as well as conducting public education and outreach about health care reform and coverage opportunities.
The Health Connector is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity as a vital characteristic of its work force. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
The Enterprise System Manager is a technically oriented project manager, responsible for overseeing the Health Connector’s strategic implementation project(s) and existing system. This role requires extensive experience in project delivery/management, designing business applications, monitoring, prioritizing, and guiding technical implementations. Candidates must possess hands on experience in project delivery, system design, requirement gathering, technical design, and overall project management. In addition, t0his role will be responsible for managing and implementing components of larger strategic implementation project(s), or smaller end-to-end IT projects.
- Responsible for defining the architectural standards to which applications supporting the Health Connector will conform and enforcing those standards with vendor partners.
- Lead initiatives towards the continuous improvement of culture, technology, and processes to ensure alignment between business strategies and technology roadmaps.
- Provide governance toward ensuring the creation of project and application architecture deliverables that are consistent with architecture principles, standards, methodologies, and best practices.
- Review and approve application architecture documents, which define and outline the design constraints, UML models, quality attributes and detailed design specifications, toward ensuring that architecture standards and best practices are followed and that the design aligns with business and strategic objectives.
- Work with business clients and product owners to review business drivers, needs and strategies to anticipate future business/technology needs.
- Provide expert knowledge of solution/application architecture and consult with business and other technology teams including vendor partners.
- Review and provide feedback on 3rd party and integration solution architecture based on established enterprise application strategy.
- Participate in architectural and technical design sessions, including representation from vendor partners to ensure technical standards are followed and enterprise goals are achieved.
- Track and submit requests for fixing defects/issues/enhancements with multiple vendors.
- Prepare and produce project status, Issue/Risk and RAG reports appropriate for senior level management with keen attention to detail.
- Coordinate project meetings and working sessions with project stakeholders, as required.
- Conduct project related status/performance analysis.
- Track project progress against time and quality expectations
- Prioritize and monitor status of IT tasks for reporting, system health checks, data ware house management and miscellaneous requests from business and policy teams.
- Maintain and provide updates of the overall status of outstanding tasks/projects, risks, issues to supervisor and other stake holders.
- Act as liaison with vendors/consultants, project stakeholders, business, policy and IT teams.
- Maintain business and operational relationship between IT and other project stakeholders
- Participate in requirements for Data extracts and reports as needed by various stakeholders (Operations/Policy/Reporting) and provide guidance to IT for smooth implementation.
Project Implementation and Coordination
- Lead the implementation of key services and components of large strategic implementation project(s), or smaller end-to- end IT projects.
- Manage a team of technical specialists in support of strategic implementation projects.
- Advice and consult supervisor on technology costs, benefits, and implementation requirements.
Operational Technical Support
- Lead as needed production support troubleshooting and “War Room” Activities.
- 5-7 years of Project Management, Systems Delivery Management and/or Program Management experience and associated IT leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Business Administration, or related discipline. While an advanced degree is preferred, the value is placed on the extent of the relevant experience and accomplishment.
- Knowledge of United Modeling Language (UML) and Object- Oriented Design (OOD).
- Knowledge of physical and logical data schemas including data flow diagrams.
- Comfortable working in multiple SDLC methodologies as needed.
- Experience in data modeling techniques with knowledge of performance optimization strategies.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of multi-tier and cross- platform architecture.
- Excellent communication, presentation, influencing and reasoning skills to earn support of business leaders, colleagues and vendor representatives.
- Desire to take the initiative, moving projects/ideas forward with clarity.
- Leadership skills to lead cross-functional teams towards common solutions.
- A solid working knowledge of the ACA specifically related to implementation of health insurance marketplaces.
- Ability to coordinate and work with distributed teams.
- MS Project, intermediate to advanced level, MS Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Excel (with macros) at intermediate level.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to adapt quickly to changing environment; flexible.
- PMP certified preferred, Agile Certified preferred.
Salary: Salary range is competitive; salary will be commensurate with experience.
Work Setting: This position requires the employee to work on-site in an open office setting.
Interested: Send cover letter and resume to Connectoremail@example.com.
Please note: Due to the requirement of 268A, please complete the disclosure form and return with your application.
About the Health Connector: The Commonwealth Health Insurance Connector Authority (Health Connector) is an independent public authority serving as the Affordable Care Act (ACA)-compliant marketplace for the Commonwealth. The organization is charged with providing subsidized and unsubsidized health insurance to individuals and small employers. The Health Connector also oversees policy development related to health care reform under both state and federal laws, as well as conducting public education and outreach about health care reform and coverage opportunities.
The Health Connector is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity as a vital characteristic of its work force. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin or disability.
- No internship openings at this time. Please check by back later.